Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Common symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms may include muscle pain, sputum production, diarrhea, sore throat, loss of smell, and abdominal pain. While the majority of cases result in mild symptoms, some progress to pneumonia and multi-organ failure, and death.
The current epidemiological situation which the whole world is going through is of course worrying. The VSP company cooperates with suppliers whose manufacturing sites are located practically all over the world; the company is active working with customers from Grodno, Republic of Belarus, to Komsomolsk-on-Amur in the Far East of Russia. Some of our partners have already officially announced a temporary halt of production activity. Italy, India, an operation mode with some limits imposed in the UK, in the European Community states, steps and measures to stop spreading and to fight against coronavirus undertaken by the Russian Government, special operating regime at industrial enterprises in Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan — this is the objective present situation, affecting any business, each and every of us.
- We revised business trips plans of our employees, plans for personal meetings with company customers for the nearest future — we restrict such possibilities just to exceptional situations.
- The company has worked out special recommendations for its employees covering as well special working conditions mitigating risks related to coronavirus: exclude hand shaking and minimize physical contact between employees; regular use of disinfectants for cleaning keyboards, computer mices, telephones and tablets.
- The company provided for protective masks and disinfectants available for employees at the office.
- At the VSP office regular disinfection of all the working surfaces and office equipment is carried out.
- Most of the company employees have started working remotely.
- The employees who were abroad on business or contacted those who returned from abroad, have self-isolated.
- The company is monitoring the current regime and recommendations defined by the government, and adapt its operation accordingly.
Some years ago we have focused at a digital infrastructure in the company as the basis for VSP development; the main constituents being — cloud-based operation for all the key instruments of the company, including 1C operation system, cloud storage and data exchange, a cloud-based system for tasks allocation and multitask projects. The company switched all the employees to IP-telephone services providing for on-line interaction both between employees, and with customers and partners in any part of the world. Most of the employees are provided with mobile computers, and of course, all the VSP specialists use smart phones for quality communications. Besides, the company has undertaken some steps to organise the so-called paperless office for electronic document circulation.
Our team would like to wish everyone to be healthy, in the first place. However, we all understand that both the current epidemiological situation and the triggered economic consequences would go back to normal sooner or later, and it is very important that we are ready to professionally continue fulfilling our obligations.
We would also like to say thank you to our partners, and our long-term customers for their trust and cooperation in the current circumstances, and hope for a possibility of personal meetings and business revival in the nearest future.